Subject: [Job] Post-Doc: Fish eDNA and Invasive Species Detection - xpost
From: Chris Harrod <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 16 Mar 2015 13:41:30 +0000

Position or Title: Postdoctoral Researcher in Fish Genomics and Genetics
Agency/State:  University of Toledo, Ohio
Responsibilities: The research entails helping to develop, test, and publish a Next-generation sequence assay for detecting and identifying all Great Lakes native and invasive fish species, including those anticipated to invade, from environmental DNA and plankton samples. The postdoc will organize large DNA sequence databases, train and co-supervise students and technicians, and publish results in high-impact journals.
Qualifications: Ph.D. degree required in hand.  Publication of Ph.D. results in peer-reviewed journals required.  Excellent recommendation from former advisors required. Teaching and supervisory experience preferred.  Data management experience, bioinformatics, and data analysis experience in molecular phylogenetics and population genetics required.  DNA extraction, PCR, DNA Sequencing (Sanger and Illumina MiSeq), alignment, and GenBank experience required.
Familiarity with QIMME, Unix/Linux operating systems and writing Perl is a plus. Strong communication (written, oral) skills required.
Salary: Competitive salary, full benefits.
Ad Closing Date:   Until filled
Contact/Email:  [log in to unmask]
Weblink: http://www.utoledo.edu/nsm/lec/research/glgl/index.html

How to Apply
Send (1) cover letter, (2) CV, (3) 2 letters of reference, (4) copies of graduate and undergraduate transcripts via a single pdf to Dr. Stepien at [log in to unmask]

The University of Toledo is an Equal Access, Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and Educator and is committed to increasing the diversity of our campus.

                   The FISH-SCI List Archive