Subject: [PG] M.Sc. or Ph.D. Student Opportunity in Cooke Lab - Knowledge Mobilization and Fisheries Management
From: Chris Harrod <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 19 Apr 2016 01:16:23 +0000

http://www.fecpl.ca/m-sc-or-ph-d-student-opportunity-in-cooke-lab/

We are seeking a graduate student (M.Sc. or Ph.D.) with interests in studying science transfer and knowledge mobilization related to fisheries management.  The successful candidate will be involved with a variety of activities including social science surveys, workshop facilitation, and production of management briefs to facilitate effective knowledge mobilization and bi-directional communication between scientists and managers related to fish telemetry data in the Laurentian Great Lakes and beyond.  This is an excellent opportunity to work closely with a variety of provincial/state, federal and academic partners in the Great Lakes basin.  Ideal applicants will be outstanding communicators, have interest and training in both the social and natural sciences (e.g., environmental studies, social science of knowledge, resource management, conservation science, fish ecology), and possess an appreciation of interdisciplinarity.  Students would be based at Carleton University in the Fish Ecology and Conservation Physiology Laboratory (www.fecpl.ca<http://www.fecpl.ca/>) and be co-supervised by Dr. Steven Cooke (fish ecologist at Carleton) and Dr. Nathan Young (sociologist at U Ottawa).  Please email a letter of interest (including a summary of your academic history and grades) and a copy of your CV to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> by May 15 2016.  Preference will be given to domestic students given the funding envelope available.

                   The FISH-SCI List Archive