Subject: [Job] Associate Professor in Economics of Fisheries and Aquaculture University of Copenhagen
From: Chris Harrod <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 7 Jan 2017 02:19:08 +0000

http://employment.ku.dk/jobagent/?show=878676

Associate Professor in Economics of Fisheries and Aquaculture (211-0470)

Associate Professor in Economics of Fisheries and Aquaculture
Department of Food and Resource Economics
Faculty of Science
University of Copenhagen

Department of Food and Resource Economics, Faculty of Science, University of Copenhagen invites applications for a position as associate professor within the field of Economics of Fisheries and Aquaculture. The position is expected to be filled by 1 June 2017 or as soon possible thereafter.

The Associate Professor shall mainly do empirically research-based teaching and public sector consultancy work on issues related to fisheries economics, markets, regulation of fisheries, production systems and environmental regulation of fish farming, and the interaction between fisheries and aquaculture, particularly within the North Atlantic and Baltic region.

Applicants must have a PhD degree in economics, resource economics, or equivalent, have worked with research within relevant fields, and have solid knowledge of economic theory. Applicants will be assessed based on their specific qualifications and relevant fields of scientific expertise include but are not limited to:

    Economics and markets of North European fisheries and aquaculture
    Management and productivity analysis of fisheries and aquaculture
    Regulation and policy design and evaluation within fisheries and aquaculture

Applicants are required to have university level teaching experience, documented teaching competencies and must be able to explain and reflect upon own teaching practice and portfolio. Formal pedagogical training or supervision equivalent to the University of Copenhagen teacher training programme for assistant professors is required. Experience with multi-disciplinary collaboration with other fields of social science and natural science will be an advantage. Similarly, experience with planning and management of national and international projects is considered an advantage. Applicants who are not proficient in Danish or another Scandinavian language must over a short span of years be able to teach a course in Danish and carry out public sector consultancy in Danish.

Duties include the applicant's own research, development of the field, assessment tasks, grant applications, and research management such as supervision and training of research fellows and other staff. The successful applicant must also teach, supervise, prepare and participate in examinations, and fulfil other tasks requested by the Department.

Assessment of applicants will primarily consider their level of documented, original scientific production at an international level, including contributions to developments in their field, as well as their documented teaching qualifications. Managerial and out-reach qualifications of applicants including ability to attract external funding will also be considered.

The Associate Professor will be a member of the staff in the department's Section of Environment and Natural Resources. The section undertakes research, teaching and advisory work for the public and private sector within a range of issues related to the use, management and protection of environment and natural resources. The Section has key responsibilities in two MSc programmes and two BSc programmes, and has a large group of PhD students. The Associate Professor will be involved in PhD supervision in connection to own research topics. Further information on the Department is linked at http://www.science.ku.dk/english/about-the-faculty/organisation/ specifically at http://ifro.ku.dk/english/. Inquiries about the position can be made to Head of Section Henrik Meilby, tel. (+45) 3533 1740, [log in to unmask]

The position is open from 1 June 2017 or as soon as possible thereafter.

The University wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.

Terms of employment
The position is covered by the Memorandum on Job Structure for Academic Staff.

Terms of appointment and payment accord to the agreement between the Ministry of Finance and The Danish Confederation of Professional Associations on Academics in the State.

Commencing salary is currently

For Assoc. Professor - up to DKK 449,720 including annual supplement (+ pension up to DKK 76,902)

Negotiation for salary supplement is possible.

The application including all attachments must be in English and submitted electronically by clicking APPLY NOW below.

Please include

    Curriculum vitae including information about external funding
    Diplomas (Master and PhD degree or equivalent)
    Research plan - description of current and future research plans
    Description and documentation of teaching experience and qualifications according to university guidelines
    Complete publication list
    Separate reprints of 5 particularly relevant papers

The deadline for applications is the 31 January 2017, 23:59 GMT +1.

After the expiry of the deadline for applications, the authorized recruitment manager selects applicants for assessment on the advice of the Interview Committee.

You can read about the recruitment process at http://employment.ku.dk/faculty/recruitment-process/.

Interviews/trial lectures will be held on 26 April 2017.

Please refer to the following no. in future communication in this case: 211-0470.

                   The FISH-SCI List Archive