Subject: [Job] post-doc - analysis of aquatic ecosystems - xpost
From: Chris Harrod <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 11 Jan 2017 04:00:06 +0000

2 year PDF - Integrated Analysis of Aquatic Ecosystems

We seek a highly capable and motivated Post-doctoral Fellow as part of a collaborative research project involving the University of Toronto, Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry, and Fisheries and Oceans Canada. The successful applicant will integrate state-of-the-art historical and contemporary aquatic ecological data collected by OMNRF, DFO, and industrial partners across Canada to research how human activities, climate change, and habitat quality influence fish community composition and productivity in lakes and rivers. The PDF will have strong quantitative skills in modelling, frequentist and Bayesian statistics, and programming to develop approaches that can be used to standardize information across datasets. This project addresses a common challenge in utilizing disparate collections of ecological data and therefore its success will lead to increasing our statistical power to test fundamental questions in aquatic ecology and fisheries. There will also be opportunities to participate in field calibrations of different fish community sampling methods. This is a great opportunity to join an outstanding ecology and evolutionary department and have direct collaborations with faculty, government research scientists, and industrial partners.  The successful applicant will be expected to publish his/her research in leading journals and present it at conferences.  Funding is $45,000/yr for two years.

The successful applicant must have a PhD and will start in May or as soon as possible in the Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology at the University of Toronto (http://www.eeb.utoronto.ca/).  Interested individuals should submit their transcripts, CVs, and a letter detailing their interest and relevant background, and contact information for three references to Professors Don Jackson ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>) and Cindy Chu ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>), by February 1st, 2017.  Please include "Fisheries Post-doctoral Position" in the subject line of your email.  Employment as a Postdoctoral Fellow at the University of Toronto is covered by the terms of the CUPE 3902 Unit 5 Collective Agreement (http://www.eeb.utoronto.ca/about-us/employment/postdocs.htm).

Donald A. Jackson
Professor and Chair, Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, The University of Toronto
25 Willcocks Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada   M5S 3B2  http://labs.eeb.utoronto.ca/jackson/
Phone (416) 946-3340 or (416) 978-0976   Fax (416) 978-8532   [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Scientific Director, NSERC Canadian Network for Aquatic Ecosystem Services www.cnaes.ca<http://www.cnaes.ca/>

                   The FISH-SCI List Archive