Subject: Save The Date 5th International Marine Conservation Congress!
From: Matthew Tietbohl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 16 Apr 2017 17:47:29 +0300

Hello Everyone!

I hope this finds you all well! I would like to draw your attention to an
upcoming conference that may be of interest to some of you if you have any
interest in marine conservation or fantastic conferences! More information
is posted below.

Cheers & best regards,
Matt Tietbohl

*Save the date: *

*5th International Marine Conservation Congress*

24 June – 29 June 2018

Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia (KCH)

*“Making Marine Science Matter”*

The Society for Conservation Biology’s Marine Section (SCB Marine) invites
you to attend the 5th International Marine Conservation Congress (IMCC5),
which will be held June 24 – 29 2018 in Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia (Airport
code: KCH).

IMCC is a biennial meeting organized by SCB Marine. IMCC brings together
more than 1,000 marine scientists, professionals, stakeholders, and
students from around the world. The 2018 IMCC will feature sessions on
widely ranging topics, including tourism, marine protected areas,
fisheries, communication, sustainable seafood, climate change, endangered
species, citizen science, public engagement and much more. The theme of
IMCC5, *Making Marine Science Matter*, reflects our focus on applying
scientific research to conservation and sustainability. IMCC5 will also
feature the *OceansOnline* initiative, a full day dedicated to the uses of
communication and online resources for marine conservation, on 29 June 2018.
You can find more information at: http://conbio.org/mini-sites/imcc5/ where
other details will be shared as they become available.

If you have any questions, please contact the meeting chairs. We hope to
see you all there!

Sincerely,

*Edward Hind-Ozan* & The Steering Committee

IMCC5 Conference Chair

IMCC5 on Twitter: https://twitter.com/imcc2018

IMCC5 on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/IMCC2018/

OceansOnline on Twitter:https://twitter.com/oceansonline
OceansOnline on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OceansOnline2016/

--

Matthew Tietbohl <https://reefecology.kaust.edu.sa/Pages/tietbohl.aspx>,
MSc Marine Science
PhD Candidate
Reef Ecology Lab <http://reefecology.kaust.edu.sa/Pages/Home.aspx>
Red Sea Research Center <http://rsrc.kaust.edu.sa/Pages/Home.aspx>
Building 2, Level 2, West Wing, Desk# 2206-WS03
PO Box 3374
4700 King Abdullah University of Science and Technology
Thuwal, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia 23955-6900
Mobile Phone: +966 (0) 540 517549
Society for Conservation Biology Marine Section
<http://conbio.org/groups/sections/marine> Communications Committee
Twitter: @MattTietbs47 <https://twitter.com/MattTietbs47>
           @ReefEcologyLab <https://twitter.com/ReefEcologyLab>

--