Subject: Internships in Fisheries Science
From: Alexia Massa Gallucci <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 15 Sep 2021 16:26:08 +0200

Dear All,

There is availability in my department for a 3-month internship in
Fisheries Science for 2 interns.

Please see the information below.

*General information*

*Duration: *

3 months

*Commitment: *

Full-time

*Fisheries Internship*

*AquaBioTech Group* actively encourages students and post-graduates to
undertake training sessions at our company, to gain valuable practical,
applied and hands-on experience. We are currently looking to fill 2
internship positions within our ABT Fisheries department that focuses on a
broad range of services in fisheries science. The internship provides an
opportunity to join a highly dynamic and active team leading on fisheries
science and management advice. The team delivers leading science and advice
to both national and international marine management organisations
including the Environment and Resources Authority and a variety of research
and commercial projects to assess sustainability and fisheries management
plans.

*Synopsis of position offered*

The successful candidates will be involved hands-on on a long-term research
programme on the Atlantic bluefin tuna.  As part of this project,
AquaBioTech Group is required to collect samples from harvested fish which
takes place at sea on board of processing vessels where extraction and
pre-processing of biological samples occurs.

Most of the work involves fieldwork activities carried out outdoors on the
processing vessel situated close to the tuna cages out at sea. Therefore,
this position requires the candidate to be able to adapt to changing
weather conditions, early starts, long hour shifts and carrying out daily
activities on vessels out at sea.

This post represents a chance to develop highly valuable skills in
fisheries science both in a lab environment and in the field.

*Qualifications Overview*

The successful candidates will likely have a background in natural
sciences, with education and experience in fisheries, biology or related
fields being preferable.

Applicants need to have a good command of both written and spoken English,
as well as possess basic computer skills such as Microsoft Package and data
processing software.

An active interest in fisheries science and passion to work outdoors will
be considered assets and represent desirable skills/qualifications.

Applicants will need to display enthusiasm, a positive attitude and ability
to work out at sea in adverse weather conditions both independently and as
part of a team. The ideal candidate is highly motivated, detail oriented,
organised and able to adhere to procedures.

*Compensation: *

Accommodation

*Years of Experience required: *

No

*Additional Information*

Those wishing to apply, please send an email with the desired internship
dates and CV to [log in to unmask] with the Subject ''Fisheries Internship''.

Share this with students or other people that might be interested to apply.

Best regards,

Dr. Alexia Massa-Gallucci

*Senior Fisheries Consultant*

 AquaBioTech Group