Subject: Last Call For Participants: Online Course - An Introduction to Basic Statistics for Biologists using R - 17th to 20th January 2022
From: GIS In Ecology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 5 Jan 2022 11:19:09 +0000

This is the last call for participants for our online course titled 'An
Introduction to Basic Statistics for Biologists using R' that we will be
running between the 17th and 20th of January 2022. to book a place on it
click on the link below, or email us at [log in to unmask]

http://gisinecology.com/stats-for-biologists-1/live-online-course-an-introduction-to-basic-statistics-for-biologists-using-r/
[1]

An Introduction to Basic Statistics for Biologists using R - 17th to
20th January 2022

We will be running an instructor-led online course in January 2022 based
around our latest book, _An Introduction to Basic Statistics for
Biologists using R_. It will be held over Zoom video-conferencing and
will provide all the practical knowledge and experience you need to get
started with analysing biological data using R. As a result, no previous
experience with R or statistical analysis is required to do this course.

It will run from the 17th and the 20th of January 2022. The course will
consist of four three-hour sessions, and one session will need to be
completed each day. However, you will have a choice of completing it
between 10:00 and 13:00 UK Time (primarily for those living in Europe,
Asia and Africa) or 18:00 to 21:00 UK Time (primarily for those living
in North and South America). This choice of time slots for each session
allows participants from as wide a range of time zones to participate in
the course.

Attendance will be limited to a maximum of 24 people per session. The
fees for this course are GBP 250 per person (with a discounted rate of
GBP 195 for students, the unwaged and those working for registered
charities). To book a place, or for more information, you can either
email us at [log in to unmask] or click on the link below.

http://gisinecology.com/stats-for-biologists-1/live-online-course-an-introduction-to-basic-statistics-for-biologists-using-r/

About the Course:

This is a practical course and it is aimed at anyone who wishes to learn
how to carry out basic data processing and statistical analyses on
biological data using R. This includes importing data sets into R,
error-checking and processing them to prepare them for analysis,
calculating basic summary statistics, creating graphs, assessing and
transforming their distributions, and running statistical tests such as
Shapiro-Wilk tests, t-tests, Mann-Whitney U tests, paired t-tests,
Wilcoxon Matched Pairs tests, F-tests for equality of variance, Levene's
tests, ANOVAs, Kruskal-Walis tests, chi-squared tests, correlations and
linear regressions. It will also cover how to use R, how to work out how
to do things for yourself in R and how to create annotated R script
archives of what you have done.

Each session will consist of a series of background talk covering
specific topics (more details are provided below), followed by related
practical exercises based on instructions from An Introduction to Basic
Statistics for Biologists using R. As a result, all participants will
receive a free copy of this book shipped to their address in advance of
the start of the course. While you are encouraged to remain online
during the practical sessions, you can choose to go off-line as you work
though the exercises (or if you need to take a break). However, if you
have any questions, the course instructor will be available throughout
the course for you to ask any questions you wish at any point.

This course will be hosted by Dr Ross MacLeod, one of the authors of _An
Introduction to Basic Statistics for Biologists using R_.

At the end of the course, all attendees will receive a certificate of
attendance and completion. Each certificate is embossed with the GIS In
Ecology official stamp to prevent its fraudulent reproduction. In
addition, each certificate has its own unique identification number that
we will record, along with your name, meaning that we can verify the
authenticity of the certificates we issue (and the course you have
completed) on request.
---

GIS IN ECOLOGY - Providing Training, Advice And Consultancy On The Use
Of GIS In Ecology

Web: www.GISinEcology.com [2] Email: [log in to unmask]

Need to ask a question about using GIS? Try the GIS In Ecology Forum:
www.GISinEcology.com/GIS_in_Ecology_forum.htm [3]

Books From GIS In Ecology Staff:

GIS For Biologists: A Practical Introduction For Undergraduates; RRP:
£24.99
An Introduction To Integrating QGIS And R For Spatial Analysis; RRP:
£19.99
An Introduction To Species Distribution Modelling (SDM) Using QGIS And
R; RRP: £19:99

If you wish to purchase these books, visit:
http://www.gisinecology.com/book-shop/

To help the environment, please do not print out this email unless it is
unavoidable.

Links:
------
[1]