Re: Adaptive Management

Pete Kalvass <[log in to unmask]>

Academic forum on fisheries ecology and related topics <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 17 Jul 1996 17:23:50 -0700

text/plain

Hi heather, don't know much about your request but just wanted to say hi...Pete

We're still documenting the demise of the once proud sea urchin fishery....

>Greetings!
>I am looking for references, personal experiences, or even opinions relating
>to adaptive management. This management strategy is being investigated as a
>tool for habitat restoration projects. All suggestions and comments would be
>appreciated.
>
> What is adaptive management?
>
> Do you think that adaptive management can be an effective tool?
>
> Have you worked with a project that had an adaptive management policy?
> How well did it work? What were the problems, limitations,
and successes?

>Thank you for your time and assistance,
>
>Heather McIntire

> o _^_
>Heather McIntire 0 / \ /\
>Bay-Delta and Special Water Projects |* > \/ /
>California Department of Fish and Game \____/\ \
> \/
>Check out Bay-Delta Division's Fish & Game Home Page
>http://www.delta.dfg.ca.gov

========
Pete Kalvass E-mail:[log in to unmask]
Calif. Department Fish & Game