Quantitative effects of oil, pollution, etc.

Brian Bigler <[log in to unmask]>

Academic forum on fisheries ecology and related topics <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 18 Jul 1996 05:04:30 -0700

text/plain

FISH-ECOLOGY,
I'm forwarding the a request that was posted to another server. Since I
assume she is not subscribed to FISH-ECOLOGY, any response should be
directed to Ms Hale directly.

>Hello,
>
>In following up on my request for information regarding the fisheries off of
>the Yucatan peninsula, I am looking for ways to model destructive effects on
>the environment. Basically, I have divided the damage into three sources:
>
>1.) Pollution from Oil
>
>2.) Pollution from Population Growth, Tourists, Waste, etc.
>
>3.) Effects of Fishing Industry itself, Ground Gear, etc. on Ocean Ecosystem
>
>Does anybody know of studies which have quantified some of these effects on
>fertility, mortality, etc. of organisms in the ocean?
>
>If you can help, I would greatly appreciate it if you write to me directly at
>
>[log in to unmask] or send info to: lauren hale, pop project, IIASA, A-2361
>Austria
>
>Thanks.
>
>Lauren
>
> Lauren HALE, Population-Development-Environment
> International Institute for | Email: [log in to unmask]
> Applied Systems Analysis | Phone: +43 2236 807 ext. 331
> A-2361 Laxenburg, Austria | Fax: +43 2236 71313

Best regards,
Brian Bigler <[log in to unmask]>
Lynnwood, Washington
           U.S.A.