Subject: Micropterus salmoides
From: "Carlos Bernardo M. Alves" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 9 Jul 1996 19:07:13 BSC

Hi all,
I would like to know if the black-bass (Micropterus salmoides) is abble
to spawn in lentic habitats, such as reservoirs. Here in Brazil, it had been
introduced in many water bodies and we weant to know if it has this
spawning characteristics to evaluate the chances of proliferation. If
anyone know a classical reference on its reproduction biology please contact
me directely ([log in to unmask]) or ([log in to unmask])
Thanks in advance.