Subject: UPDATE: California#s Marine Reserves Research Grant Program
From: Terry Tillman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 10 Jul 1996 13:54:53 -0700

My apologies, it#s been nearly three months since our last #update# on the
California Marine Resources Protection Act - Reserves Research Grant
Program.  First of all, the program is still proceeding as planned, and we
look forward to announcing a Call for Proposals around August 1996.
Visitors to our Web-page can check the preliminary grant program
schedule for the grant application process.  As always, you can E-mail
questions to me at: [log in to unmask] or phone me at (916)
653-6281.  Remember to write #MRPA# in the E-mail message subject line.
 In case you misplaced our web-page URL address, you can bookmark
your browser for:

http://www.dfg.ca.gov/Mrd/index.html
(Remember the address is case sensitive, #Mrd#.)

I#m pleased to announce that the California Department of Fish and Game
has contracted with U C Sea Grant to assume the Grant Administration
activities for the MRPA - Reserves Research Program.  Our Inter-Agency
Agreement with the U C Regents Sea Grant College was approved by
the State Department of General Services on June 24, 1996.

We#ll update our MRPA research program web-page soon, to reflect the
above events and to present additional information for prospective
researchers.  U C Sea Grant is also preparing announcements and
application materials, to be posted on the world wide web around
August 1996.  Everyone on our MRPA mailing list will receive a notice
when U C Sea Grant#s web-page is up and running.

Terry Tillman
Research Facilitator
California Department of Fish and Game
USA