Subject: general question, freshwater, scientific, Cyprinid fish, europe
From: Arno HAIN <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 11 Jul 1996 10:45:00 +0200

Dear netters,

Due to the many mails I receive every month by "fish-ecology" (up to 160), I would like to suggest
to mark each mail more clearly within the "subject box" showing which topic the mail contains.
Mainly it would be helpful to devide into "marine/freshwater/brackish" and "commercial/scientific"
if they don't interact.
Furthermore in "Jobs", "Events", "literature requests" (I don't think that it is abuse of
fishecology trying to get literature information by the use of fishecology list - but should not
be the first way to find literature), "general questions", "Region" (e.g. global, usa, europe,...).

For instance a sequence of keywords would help to find out more quickly if a topic is of personal
interest or not.

Secondly, I would be very appreciated getting some feedback by people in fish-ecology list
(especially from europe)who has the same or similar interests as me.

My special interests are:
1. cyprinid and percid fish ecology "where it happens" (e.g. Alburnus alburnus L.), (emphasizing the
0+ group).
2. community structure, spatial distribution (horizontal/vertical movement, drifting, microhabitat
(choosing)) and productivity of fish in lakes
3. Questions of methodology (catching methods and sampling design (including Echosounding- split- or
dualbeam experiences, telemetry))
4. spawningsides, spawningtime and spawningbehavior
5. SCUBA - Video (Film?) documentation in freshwater habitats

Thank you for your attention.
With kindly regards to all members

Arno Hain

--
Arno HAIN
Dept. of Limnology, Althanstrasse 14, A-1090 Vienna - AUSTRIA