Subject: Re: ultra-fine meshed plancton nets
From: Susan Ashcraft <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 11 Jul 1996 14:12:00 -0400

Hi.  I originally responded directly to the original poster, but
since there has been another response to the list, I thought I
would share with you all as well.

We have had great success securing fine mesh to PVC pipes using 5-minute
epoxy.  There are many advantages, including that it is quick to adhere
and is inert in sea water.  Of course, this also means that one must work
quickly before the mixture sets.  I have had much greater success with this
than with hot glue, which often peeled off the PVC unless I sanded the pipe
first, or than with silicon.

Thanks,

Susan

Susan Ashcraft