Subject: Re: ultra-fine meshed plancton nets
From: Tri Pham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 12 Jul 1996 08:02:20 +1000

Here, in Australia, we use a kind of epoxy called "superglue" which allow
you to glue anything on any surface providing you have a rough surface
(to sick on better).

If you are going to glue the fine mesh on a plastic container which is
going to be used as cod end of a pyramid idol shape, there is better way
of doing it.

Until last year, I used a small diameter aluminium pipe as frame then
claimed the lid of that container which is cut out to make a hole on the
top to that frame. the fine mesh plankton net is clamped to this frame
and all I have to do was screw and unscrew the container to the lid.
Perhaps it is hard to explain clearly through the mail. If you are using
the plastic container as cod end and wanting to know more about my
method, please let me know and I will try to send you a photograph of
what I have got, it may be easier to understand.

Keep in touch.

Tri Pham
Zoology Department
University of Queensland