Subject: Re: Adaptive Management
From: Pete Kalvass <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 17 Jul 1996 17:23:50 -0700

Hi heather, don't know much about your request but just wanted to say hi...Pete

We're still documenting the demise of the once proud sea urchin fishery....

>Greetings!
>I am looking for references, personal experiences, or even opinions relating
>to adaptive management. This management strategy is being investigated as a
>tool for habitat restoration projects. All suggestions and comments would be
>appreciated.
>
>        What is adaptive management?
>
>        Do you think that adaptive management can be an effective tool?
>
>        Have you worked with a project that had an adaptive management policy?
>                How well did it work?  What were the problems, limitations,
and successes?

>Thank you for your time and assistance,
>
>Heather McIntire

>                                               o _^_
>Heather McIntire                              0 /   \  /\
>Bay-Delta and Special Water Projects           |* >  \/ /
>California Department of Fish and Game          \____/\ \
>                                                       \/
>Check out Bay-Delta Division's Fish & Game Home Page
>http://www.delta.dfg.ca.gov

========
Pete Kalvass                               E-mail:[log in to unmask]
Calif. Department Fish & Game
19160 S. Harbor Dr.                        Tele:  707-964-9078
Fort Bragg, CA  95437                      Fax:   707-964-0642

========