Subject: New user
From: Guillermo Canete <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 19 Jul 1996 14:27:11 +1030

Dear fish-ecology netters

I've just subscribe to fish-ecology list so it´s time to introduce myself.
I'm a fishery biologist working in the INIDEP (Instituto Nacional de
Investigación y Desarrollo Pesquero), Argentina. I'm the leader of the
INIDEP Observer Project and I participate in the working group on assessment
of hake (Merluccius hubbsi). For this reason, I have two principal fields of
interest. On the one hand we are working on the estimation of the hake
bycatch in the shrimp fishery and on the estimation of the hake discards,
especially by the large factory vessels fleet. Other important subject is
the fishery statistics adjustment applying observer information. On the
other hand, I'm very interested on the operating and organization aspect of
the Observer Project and field methodologies.

I think this list is an excellent way to take contact with persons related
with observer projects and fish stock assessment to exchange information, so
thank you very much in advance.

Lic. Guillermo Cañete (Can~ete)
Instituto Nacional de Investigacion y Desarrollo Pesquero (INIDEP)
Paseo Victoria Ocampo N° 1
(7600) Mar del Plata, Argentina
Te/Fax: +54-23-86-2586/0963/1481