Re: Summary of decisions at the Montreal MHTML IETF meeting

Martin J Duerst <[log in to unmask]>

IETF working group on HTML in e-mail <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 18 Jul 1996 10:58:48 +0200

text/plain

Jacob Palme wrote:

>We all agree on
>(a) How this should work
>(b) That any HTML encoding belongs to the HTML layer, not to the
> MIME layer
>
>The question is whether this agreed opinion is made most clear by
>(1) Stating it explicitly in the text, as I prefer, or
>(2) Omtting or mention of the HTML layer and its encoding.
>
>I prefer (1), since omission is not a good way of clarifying
>things to people who read a document. Omisssions can be
>easily misunderstood.

A compromize might be to explicitly state that we don't need
to state anything, and give references to the appropriate
documents.
Please seem my next mail for a try in this direction.

Regards, Martin.