Subject: Re: Summary of decisions at the Montreal MHTML IETF meeting
From: Martin J Duerst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 5 Jul 1996 11:22:43 +0200

>My objection is based simply on the fact that I cannot see why we need
>to even mention numeric character references or entity references, and
>*especially* numeric character references. These are entirely separate
>from the issue of tranfer encodings.

I agree that there are lots of things in this area that we don't have
to mention. My proposal (sent a few days ago) for rewriting what is
currently in the draft is just to get the stuff correct in case it gets
included (as it seems to have been decided at the Montreal meeting).

Regards,        Martin.