Subject: Re: Summary of decisions at the Montreal MHTML IETF meeting
From: Einar Stefferud <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 9 Jul 1996 09:12:17 -0700

Thanks Jay --

What we need is for someone to propose specific new text to replace
the two sections on charsets and newlines.

So, Jay, can you include in a message the specific text that you like,
so we can know exactly what it is without researching old mail and
guessing about what you want to replace what in the current text.

We are just circling here with all these relatviely vague references.

What we need is closure;-)...           Cheers...\Stef

From your message Sun, 7 Jul 1996 22:34:32 -0400:
}
}For what it's worth, as someone who wouldn't know HTML from PostScript (ok,
}I'm exaggerating), Martin's suggested text made PERFECT sense to me.
} Following the "explain it to me like I'm a six-year-old" precept, I suggest
}we accept his wording or at least work from there.
}
}Jay Levitt
}Manager, Mail Systems Group
}AOL