Subject: Re: Summary of decisions at the Montreal MHTML IETF meeting
From: Martin J Duerst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 10 Jul 1996 11:07:19 +0200

Einar Stefferud answered Jay Levitt:

>What we need is for someone to propose specific new text to replace
>the two sections on charsets and newlines.

For the section on charsets, I have done this about a week ago.
And this is what Jay is referring to.

>So, Jay, can you include in a message the specific text that you like,
>so we can know exactly what it is without researching old mail and
>guessing about what you want to replace what in the current text.
>
>We are just circling here with all these relatviely vague references.

I sent only one proposal after the Montreal meeting, and it contained
clear indications as what shoud be changed and how, with exact
wording. I'm somewhat worried that the mhtml editors seem to
loose such mail with detailled proposals :-). In case you really lost
it, I can resend it.

Regards,        Martin.

>What we need is closure;-)...          Cheers...\Stef
>
>>From your message Sun, 7 Jul 1996 22:34:32 -0400:
>}
>}For what it's worth, as someone who wouldn't know HTML from PostScript (ok,
>}I'm exaggerating), Martin's suggested text made PERFECT sense to me.
>} Following the "explain it to me like I'm a six-year-old" precept, I suggest
>}we accept his wording or at least work from there.
>}
>}Jay Levitt

----
Dr.sc.  Martin J. Du"rst                            ' , . p y f g c R l / =
Institut fu"r Informatik                             a o e U i D h T n S -
der Universita"t Zu"rich                              ; q j k x b m w v z
Winterthurerstrasse  190                             (the Dvorak keyboard)
CH-8057   Zu"rich-Irchel   Tel: +41 1 257 43 16
 S w i t z e r l a n d     Fax: +41 1 363 00 35   Email: [log in to unmask]
----