Subject: Re: New IETF draft for MHTML now ready!
From: Martin J Duerst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 19 Jul 1996 10:00:01 +0200

Larry Masinter wrote:

>I like your wording, except for the stuff about default charset:

>I suggest replacing all of this with:
>
># Some transport mechanisms may specify a default "charset" parameter if
># none is supplied[HTTP1,HTTP2,MIME]. However, when HTML is
># transferred through mail, the charset parameter SHOULD be included,
># rather than relying on the default.

Fine with me, except that I think that the fact that the defaults differ
for the different mechanisms should be explicitly mentionned. Also,
the "may" in the first line seems unnecessary. So what about:

Some transport mechanisms specify a default "charset" parameter if
none is supplied[HTTP1,HTTP2,MIME]. However, especially because
the default differs for different mechanisms, when HTML is
transferred through mail, the charset parameter SHOULD be included,
rather than relying on the default.

Regards,        Martin.