Subject: Re: New IETF draft for MHTML now ready!
From: Einar Stefferud <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 20 Jul 1996 21:19:27 -0700

OK, All Y'all;-)...  Good work you have done while I was away enjoying
a fun conference in San Francisco;-)...  You have reaffirmed that the
best progress is that which which I have nothing to do;-)...

Jacob -- Can you now incorporate this and send out a revised section
(is it # 11?) for your latest draft?

Best...\Stef

From your message Fri, 19 Jul 1996 10:00:01 +0200 (MET DST):
}
}Larry Masinter wrote:
}
}>I like your wording, except for the stuff about default charset:
}
}>I suggest replacing all of this with:
}>
}># Some transport mechanisms may specify a default "charset" parameter if
}># none is supplied[HTTP1,HTTP2,MIME]. However, when HTML is
}># transferred through mail, the charset parameter SHOULD be included,
}># rather than relying on the default.
}
}Fine with me, except that I think that the fact that the defaults differ
}for the different mechanisms should be explicitly mentionned. Also,
}the "may" in the first line seems unnecessary. So what about:
}
}Some transport mechanisms specify a default "charset" parameter if
}none is supplied[HTTP1,HTTP2,MIME]. However, especially because
}the default differs for different mechanisms, when HTML is
}transferred through mail, the charset parameter SHOULD be included,
}rather than relying on the default.
}
}Regards,        Martin.