Subject: WG Last Call -- draft-ietf-mhtml-spec
From: Einar Stefferud <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 26 Jul 1996 23:15:16 -0700

Per our plans from Montreal, now that Jacob has delivered the revised
text, I am calling for a 6 week "WG Last Call".  We are approximately
2 weeks off our intended schedule, and we are also adding the task of
generalizing the MHTML SPEC to handle more than just HTML objects.
Further, August is Vacation Month in EU, so the next four weeks
virtual do not exist for a critical segment of the WG;-)...  So, it
only makes sense to give our EU contributors (and everyone else) an
extra two weeks in September for our WG Last Call.

There are two major tasks to complete in the next six weeks, in
addition to attaining closure on rough consensus for the SEPCS:

1.  Generalization for handling other than HTML content.

2.  Repair of the CHARSET and MIME ENCODING sections.

These two tasks should be completed within the next two weeks, so we
will have a full four weeks for WG LAST CALL review.  I will not
announce WG LAST CALL outside the WG until tasks 1 + 2 are closed.

My purpose in announcing WG Last call in IETF-Announce will be to
alert everyone in IETF to what we are doing so that interested parties
can begin to pay attention as the WG comes to its final consensus for
progression to PROPOSED Standard.

Cheers...\Stef