Re: Fishes & Odonata

"A. Matsuo" <[log in to unmask]>

Academic forum on fisheries ecology and related topics <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 17 Sep 1996 19:14:23 -0400

text/plain

        Dear Bill:

        It's a good attempt rear the larvae using the net cover you've said.
The point worth of mention is related to cost: the Fish-culturists usually
don't do that because it increases greatly the cost production of the fries.
I realize that some approachs could improve the production without waste so
much larvae, by simple mechanisms but to the culturists it could be
expansive in a long-scale. There's a commom overview directed to the
cost-benefit relation when talk about fish-culture, because some people tend
too look just on $$$. I'm trying to do an ecological study to evaluate some
aspects of the fish-larvae that would be appopriated to rear them at a level
near to an ideal, reducting desnecessary costs and optimizing the habitat
profitability.
        I appreciate your comments and I'm glad to hear anykind of sugestions.

Aline Matsuo.
National Institute for the Amazonian Research
Alameda Cosme Ferreira, 1756
CEP 69083-000
Manaus - AM - Brazil.