Subject: New Zealand mud snail
From: "J. Lutch" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 6 Sep 1996 10:01:05 -0400

We are looking for information on the New Zealand mud snail, Potamopyrgus
antipodarum (Gray)(Family: Hydrobiidae).  This exotic snail has been found in
the Madison River drainage in Yellowstone National Park, and we are concerned
about its spread throughout Yellowstone's headwaters.  Any information on its
ecology in New Zealand and Europe, particularly its predators, parasites,
competitors, or abundance and distribution would be helpful.  Please send
info to [log in to unmask]  Thanks for your help.