Subject: Re: definition of "aquatic ecosytem"
From: Don Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 12 Sep 1996 22:28:12 -0500

I have been a Fisheries Biologist for 30 years now, so I have seen a lot of them Aquatic Ecosytems.  I even try to manage a few of them.   But, I also have the same problem of giving them a good definition.  I could take you out and show you one, but it would be difficult to put it down into words.

When I read your message the first thing that came to my mind was - Aquatic ecosytem, That's the place where Kermit the frog goes to get away from it all!!

I really like the short definitions versus the long drawn out paragraphs I see in the literature.

Here is another one I like.  An aquatic ecosytem is a "water based environment".

If you like I could look up some of the other definition which I have come across in my reading.

---------