Subject: Re: Fishes & Odonata
From: William Loftus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 16 Sep 1996 07:49:33 -0400

dear Aline:

I am raising mosquitofish outdoors in 2,000 l fiberglass tanks in the Ever-
glades as part of an experiment involving mercury.  I have had to dip net many
dragonfly naiads from those tanks to prevent great losses of fry.  I realize
that netting of naiads might not work in your earthen ponds.  Can you set up
a net cover over the ponds to prevent the female dragonfly from ovipositing?
That method has worked for many fish culturists.

Good luck,

Bill Loftus