Help for ILH-L Archives

ILH-L Archives

Subject: (Fwd) Call for Articles
From: Gustav Holmberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 5 Sep 1996 08:24:32 +0000

Date:          Wed, 04 Sep 1996 14:07:21 CST
From:          [log in to unmask]
To:            [log in to unmask]
Subject:       Call for Articles

Original Post: <[log in to unmask]>

Hello All,
        I sending this call for articles to a few other lists.  I apologize
for any cross-postings.

        I am currently soliciting articles for the next, and future, issues
of the journal PERSPECTIVES ON SCIENCE:  HISTORICAL, PHILOSOPHICAL, SOCIAL
The journal publishes studies of science, medicine, and technology that
integrate historical, philosophical, and/or sociological understandings of
the topic(s) being addressed.  The editors of PERSPECTIVES  believe that
publishing interdisciplinary studies on specific scientific, medical, and
technological topics will help scholars gain a more comprehensive
understanding of the broader subjects of science, medicine, and technology.

        The journal has been published for five years by the University of
Chicago Press.  Past articles include:

"The Resolution of Discordant Results," Allan Franklin

"Rationality Among the Friends of Truth:  The Gassendi-Descartes
Controversy," Lynn S. Joy

"Towards More Secrecy in Science?  Challenges to an Ethics of Science,"
Mathias Kaiser

"Cordelia's Love:  Credibility, Validity, and the Social Studies of
Science," Steven Shapin

"Looting, Reparation, and Stewardship:  Ethical Issues in Archaeology,"
Alison Wylie

"The Political Cartography of the Human Genome Project," Brian Balmer.

        Articles on all topics related to science, medicine, and technology,
written from all perspectives, are welcome.  Each issue of PERSPECTIVES
includes case studies, theoretical articles, and historiographic essays.

        For more information on the journal in general, or about submitting
articles specifically, please contact me at the address given below.  Thank
you.

Ed Lamb
Managing Editor
Perspectives on Science
Department of Philosophy
Virginia Tech
Blacksburg, VA 24061-0126

Ph. (540) 231-7879
Fax (540) 231-6367
Email [log in to unmask]

Gustav Holmberg, PhD student, History of Science and Ideas
Lund University, Sweden.
[log in to unmask]     http://www.df.lth.se/~wilt