Subject: Re: FE News & Acknowledgements/Year 1996
From: Chien-Hsiung Wang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 30 Dec 1996 15:43:58 +0800

Dear FE
   Recently,  I had tried to estimate the carrying capacity(K), intrinsic
growth rate(r) and  catchability(q) of the south Pacific albacore stocks
based on the catch and effort data of tuna longline fisheries.
The results revealed that:

   carrying capacity=K=80479 metric tons,
   intrinsic growth rate=r=1.71854,
   catchability=q=7.51156E-09,
   optimal efforts=Xop=7,626,200 hooks,
   optimal fishing mortaility rate=Fop=0.57284,
   optimal biomass=Bop=53652 metric tons,
   optimal CPUE=Uop=41.3015kg/100H
   optimal annual catch=Yop=30735mt

If there are any one just doing the same work,  I hope they can discuss
with me.  I hope  to make sure that they are reasonable results or not.
Prethanks for any body who can give me any suggestions or any information.

Chien-Hsiung Wang,
from Taipei, Taiwan ROC.