Subject: Von Bertalannfy curve fitting program
From: Robert van Dam <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 30 Dec 1996 23:16:49 EST

Greetings Fish Ecologists,

A capture/recapture study of a hawksbill turtle population in the Caribbean
(Mona Island) has generated a sizeable growth increment dataset. I am trying to
fit the data to a Von Bertalannfy growth curve and am looking for a computer
program for this, particularly one that will generate confidence intervals for
the parameter estimates. Something along the lines of the program FABENS would
be ideal (I have the FORTRAN version, but cannot run it). Could anyone point me
in the direction of such a PC-compatible program, or perhaps program library?
Are any such programs available on the internet?

Please respond to me at [log in to unmask]

Many thanks and best wishes for 1997.
Robert van Dam, Mexico City, 30-DEC-96