Subject: FISH BIOMETRY DATA
From: "Ornis Consult Ltd." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 3 Dec 1996 09:32:45 +0100

Hi all,

I have worked out relations between otolith/beak sizes and
animal length, weight & height for the species listed
below. If anyone is interested in these measurements and
equations just send me an e-mail.

Species                                    fishlength mm   n
Polar Cod          Boreogadus saida             48 - 220 112
Redfish            Sebastes spp.                65 - 285 114
Greenland Halibut  Reinhardtius hippoglossoides 99 - 442  72
Koefods Lumpsucker Liparis koefoedii            75 - 140  19
Squid              Gonatus fabricii             53 - 447  40

I am not too sure about the English names and would appreciate
comments very much.

If anyone has a nice scan in black/white of these fish or
their otoliths/beaks I would very much like an e-mail with
a copy of such files.

The results are due to be published in a seabird newsletter
(potential seabird prey) in the Netherlands next spring.

Measurements of these prey were made in the
Dawis Strait off West Greenland from ultimo August to
primo September 1992. The animals were caught in 30 mm
mesh size trawl from "R/V Shinkai Maru" during pelagic
fishery just north of 'Store Hellefiskebanke'
(6800N, 5600W) over depths of 150-400 meter.

| Jan Durinck                                                              |
| Ornis Consult Ltd.                       Phone: +45 97962696             |
| Bygmarken 42                             Fax  : +45 31247599             |
| DK-7730 Hanstholm, Denmark               e-mail: [log in to unmask]  |