Subject: Re: Data Bases and Confidentiality
From: Andrew Applegate <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 3 Dec 1996 16:55:22 -0500

     The USA code of federal regulations governing confidentiality of
(fishery) statistics appear to be available through:

     http://www.access.gpo.gov/su_docs/aces/aaces002.html

     Enter 50USC603 as a search criterion.

Andy Applegate

R. Shotton, FAO, Rome. writes:

>A related issue that I see surfacing in the question of access to data is
>that of confidentiality.  I would be interest to learn of national
>practices, eg, what do national laws say about releasing data that
>identifies the results of single indivuals/companies.

Andrew Applegate
email: [log in to unmask]
FAX: 617/565-8937
Voice: 617/231-0422

The opinions expressed above are mine, and mine alone.  They do not
represent Council policy, nor do they represent the general opinion of the
Council.