Subject: Re: Fishery for Marine Ornamental Tropical Fishes
From: GreenLife Society <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 1 Dec 1996 11:54:35 -0800

Dear Jon:

Do you know about the Coral Reef list?  Subscription information follows.
Also, I would suggest contacting one of the coordinators of the
International Year of the Reef program, Stephen Colwell: [log in to unmask]
He can hook you up with folks working on this issue, including researchers
in the IUCN who have done quite a bit in this context.

Welcome to the Coral Health and Monitoring List-Server!

        The purpose of the Coral Health and Monitoring list-server is to
provide a forum for Internet discussions and announcements among coral
health researchers pertaining to coral reef health and monitoring
throughout the world.  The list is primarily for use by coral health
researchers and scientists.  Currently, about 600 researchers are
subscribed to the list.  Appropriate subjects for discussion might
include:

        o  bleaching events
        o  outbreaks of coral diseases
        o  high predation on coral reefs
        o  environmental monitoring sites
        o  incidences of coral spawnings
        o  shipwrecks on reefs
        o  international meetings and symposia
        o  funding opportunities
        o  marine sanctuary news
        o  new coral-related publications
        o  announcements of college courses in coral reef ecology
        o  coral health initiatives
        o  new and historical data availability
        o  controversial topics in coral reef ecology
        o  recent reports on coral research

-- To Subscribe to the List --

        Since you just got this message, you are already subscribed to the
list!  However, if you wish to instruct others how to subscribe to the
list, have them send e-mail to [log in to unmask], with the
following message (only!) in the body of the text:

        subscribe coral-list

-- To Un-Subscribe from the List --

        To un-subscribe from the list, send e-mail to
[log in to unmask], with the following message (only!) in the
body of the text:

        unsubscribe coral-list "Your Name" <[log in to unmask]>

-- To Post a Comment or Announcement --

announcements to [log in to unmask]  The message will be
circulated to all members of the list.  The members may respond to you
directly, or post their comments to the list for all to read.

-- Help --

        To see a list of the functions and services available from the
list-server, send an e-mail message to [log in to unmask], with
the following message (only!) in the body of the text:

        help

-- Other Coral Health Related Information --

        The Coral Health and Monitoring Program has a World-Wide Web Home
Page at the following URL:

        http://coral.aoml.noaa.gov

-- Add your name to the Coral Researchers Directory! --

        After you read this message, you may wish to add your name to the
Coral Researchers Directory.  To do so, send the following information to
[log in to unmask], with your name (Last Name, First Name) in the