Subject: Electroshocking Effects
From: Scott Bonar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 4 Dec 1996 09:07:03 -0800

Glenn Parsons and other fish netters,

We've seen reductions in pumpkinseed populations in small lakes we have
intensively boat electroshocked. We don't know if this is related to the
boat electroshocking or some other factor.

If you get other information in regards to your effects of electroshocking
on crappie question could you post it on the web? Have you or anyone else
seen significant detrimental effects of intensively electrofishing lakes on
centrarchid populations?

Thanks,

Scott Bonar, Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife