Subject: journal suggestions
From: Mike Podlech <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 11 Dec 1996 11:40:40 -0800

Hi Everyone,
        I am looking for some suggestions regarding which journal(s) would
be appropriate for the publication of the following type of data:
        We have ten years of environmental monitoring data for an entire
watershed in Northern California.  The area underwent considerable
development by geothermal power plants in the late 70's and early 80's.
Our work focused primarily on the effects of these operations on the water
quality (bi-monthly), fish (bi-annually) and benthic macroinvertebrate
(annually) population dynamics,and sediment compositions (annually) of the
local streams.  The data shows a number of trends and correlations over the
ten-year period, including extended draught periods.
        We feel that the information is useful not only as a look at the
effects of geothermal power development, but also the value of conducting
such extensive and extended monitoring programs.
        Any suggestions for appropriate journals would be greatly
appreciated.

Mike Podlech
Laboratory Coordinator
Institute of Chemical Biology