Subject: RAINBOW SMELT
From: Guy Verreault <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 17 Dec 1996 11:51:46 -0500

   We are actually assessing an anadromous Rainbow Smelt (Osmerus mordax)
population with common fisheries parameters such as CPUE, sex-ratio, length
distribution/age/sex and mean age, length, weight. The sampling was done on
two spawning sites during springtime.
   Does anyone have availiable data or results dealing with assessment
studies for this species in order to compare our results for the St-
Lawrence River Smelt population.

     Thanks in advance.
     Guy Verreault, Fish. Bio.
Ministère de l'Environnement et de la Faune
Service de l'Aménagement et de l'Exploitation de la Faune
506, rue Lafontaine
Rivière-du-Loup, Qc, CANADA, G5R 3C4
tel: 418-862-8649
fax: 418-862-8176