Help for ESFO-L Archives

ESFO-L Archives

Subject: ESfO-l: Results of Survey
From: Jeff Marck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 15 Apr 1997 10:50:24 +1000

ESfO-l Subscribers:

This is to report on the survey of subscribers concerning "web browsers" and
bibliographic softwares.

About 40% of all subscribers replied.

95% of respondants can "surf the net".
40% have a bibliographic software (70% Endnote, 20% ProCite, 10% Other).
Only 15% have heard of Shoebox, most of which have it.

Shoebox is a free software for making dictionaries, can easily be used for
maintenance of bibliographies, and is available (free) over the Internet:

http://www.sil.org/computing/shoebox.html

The ESfO Bibliography will be available in Endnote (Refer), ProCite (Comma
delimited) and Shoebox formats over the Internet:

http://coombs.anu.edu.au/~marck/esfo/biblio1.htm

So most subscribers will be able to use the ESfO-Biblio as soon as it
becomes available.

I will put out a weekly request asking subscribers to submit one or two
titles of their own or from other authors whose work they wish to make more
widely known. Please submit recent titles first. If you could make a
"Bookmark" of the submission address:

http://coombs.anu.edu.au/~marck/esfo/submit.htm

it might help making submissions become more routine.

We have to do this ourselves. There are many areas of study with more
scholars and students than us but for whom numbers are still too small to
see such things done on a commercial or even not-for-profit basis.

Ownership is to be rested with ESfO but other electronic bibliographic
services which do not charge for use will be invited to add our materials to
theirs and we will commonly be adding theirs to ours.

Thank you,

Jeff Marck
ESfO-l Co-Coordinator

Jeff Marck             Health Transition Review (HTR)
Publications Officer   Health Transition Centre (HTC)
[log in to unmask]  National Centre for Epidemiology
61-6-249-5626              and Population Health (NCEPH)
61-6-249-5614 (fax)    Australian National University(ANU)
                       Canberra ACT 0200 Australia

NCEPH: http://www-nceph.anu.edu.au
HTC: http://www-nceph.anu.edu.au/htc.htm
HTC Publications:
    http://www-nceph.anu.edu.au/htc/htcpub.htm
      Health Transition Review (journal)
      Health Transition Series (books)
      Bibliographies and other links
Personal homepage:
    http://coombs.anu.edu.au/~marck/marck.htm
Austronesian On-Line:
    http://coombs.anu.edu.au/~marck/anhmpg.htm
European Society for Oceanists Australian Mirror Site:
    http://coombs.anu.edu.au/~marck/esfo/esfo.htm