Subject: Copper pipe and water quality
From: "P. Leberg" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 17 Apr 1997 11:09:34 -0500

We recently inherited a building for use as a fish lab.  The building is
supplied with untreated well water, but it has a lot of copper pipe and
copper levels high enough to kill fish.  We have been bouncing around
several ways to improve water quality in terms of fish care.  Does anyone
have any experience using filters or other water treatment for dealing with
this problem?  I am tempted to  replace the problem sections with PVC, but
want to explore other solutions.  Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

"Laissez les bons temps rouler!"
Paul Leberg
University of Southwestern Louisiana
Lafayette, Louisiana, USA