Subject: Re: Copper pipe and water quality
From: Ted Burton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 18 Apr 1997 09:20:31 +1000

Hi Paul,

I faced a similar problem a few years ago.  Believe me, replacing all the
piping with PVC is the best way to go.  In five or so years down the track
you will appreciate this.  If you get a die-off problem you will have to
test for metal toxicity if you have Cu pipes.  Also, controlled breeding
and LD50 experiments etc. are easier to monitor.

Regards

Ted Burton

--
The University of Queensland, Zoology Department
Ted Burton