Subject: Size-class data set for model
From: Henri Persat <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 22 Apr 1997 19:07:22 +0000

Dear Colleagues,

We are testing models simulating fish population dynamics according to
demographic strategies (age-dependant fecundity, survival rates and
dispersion). We are using theoretical values approximating brown trout and
grayling strategies. However, we would be happy to get support from true
field data. We would need (aged) size-class structures of salmonid species
in several sections (main channel and tributaries) of a same system, before
and after river network partitionning by dam. The shortest data set should
then concern a single species in three sections (one downstream of the dam
and two upstream in the main channel and in the tributary) providing six
histograms: three before and three after partitionning.
More complex data would be welcome.
Any riverine salmonid might be useful. Data from other families might also
be considered if the biology of the taxa is well documented.
Such kind of data often stays in grey litterature, but already published
ones would be welcome too, of course.

With many thanks for any help,

Henri,

Henri PERSAT
Freshwater and Large River Ecology Laboratory
ESA CNRS 5023 - Universite Lyon 1
43, Bvd du 11 Novembre 1918
69622 VILLEURBANNE Cedex, France

Tel (33) 04 72 44 84 35