Subject: expert interview/fwd
From: Aldo-Pier Solari <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 24 Apr 1997 12:36:37 GMT

Joe Moody is one of the many kids we receive, at FE-Request, this
kind of questions from.  I now forward it to the conference as it
seems  to  be directed to marine mammal scientists.  To deal with
this issue (the kids; the future ?)  was _one_ of the aims I had,
for a few days ago, when I started the  discussion  about  junior
scientists,  jobs  et al.: Hard information from the 'real world'
would be overwhelming to  kids:  No  child  ever  dreams to be an
unemployee.

Some of the scientists in this conference would argue this  issue
goes  beyond  FISH-ECOLOGY's  aims: However, the fact is the kids
know we are 'here' and questions  are, more and more often, fired
away to us.  In my opinion, not responding would let  them  down.
Hence,  I'd  propose,  those of you who're interested, to take 20
minutes to extrapolate Joe's questions to your field of expertise
and  send  over  a  copy  to [log in to unmask]
(write KID in the subject field,  please).   Once  the  input  is
ready,  I  will  compile  the  material  and  send  it  in to the
conference so it remains in our logs and the material may be sent
to future queries from kids.

Finally, those of you who'd like to respond to Joe Moody, please,
do it directly to his e-address (you may, also, cc your reply  to
[log in to unmask])  and  it'll  be compiled in
the requested material.

Is this important ?.
Cheers,

    Aldo-Pier Solari/lo