Subject: Answers to how to quote a netsite
From: Michelle Wait <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 30 Apr 1997 08:35:12 GMT+0200

Hello again Everyone,

Many thanks for all the helpful replies!  I've put them all together
as I received quite a few requests for copies of the info.

Seeing as I'm working on pmail for Dos, let hope that I get this
right!

Cheers,

Michelle

From:           "dasyatis" <[log in to unmask]>

Web pages should be quoted just as anything else would...you must
give credit to the author of the data...whether that be the author
if the site or of the material that person is quoting.  In my site,
I have material taken from several books and several journal
articles.  If you were to quote that material you would need to say
that it was taken from that source...whether that means the book or
journal article.  If you were talking about my opinions stated in
the site, you would use my name, the name of the site, the URL
address and perhaps the date the site was either written or updated
whichever appears.
IE:
Heil, Lori Dione. "Stingray Information HomePage".
"http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/5826/index.html".
November 26, 1997.

This is the only way that I can think to do it.  Of course, all of
the punctuation marks could be adjusted, and the order of the
information switched around, but it all needs to be there.  The
only thing that I wouldn't suggest fooling with would be the
quotations around the address.
They are standard when quoting a URL and just the plain address
followed with the period could cause confusion.
Hope this helps,
Lori Dione Heil

From:           Charles Gowan <[log in to unmask]>

A great site for guidance on citing webpages is
http://falcon.eku.edu/honors/beyond-mla/
Chas.

Michelle,
Here are two sites with info on this.  If you get any better info,
please forward it to me.  I would be very interested.  Thanks.
Ashley
http://zeus.enst-bretagne.fr/~choukair/english/subsection3_1_2.html
http://ccism.pc.athabascau.ca/html/courses/comp482/projects/template

From:           Richard Ellis <[log in to unmask]>

Dear Michelle;
This funny-looking answer comes from my trying to reproduce a web
page from the John Paul II library, which came up when I searched
for "Li and Crane Electonic Style" on AltaVista, my usual search
engine. There are a lot of links, so I suggest you try the Pope's
Library Home Page
Richard Ellis
****
Snip
****
Style Guides: Citing Internet Resources
Guide to Citing Electronic Information based on the book: Li &
Crane, Electronic Style: A Guide for Citing Electronic
Information (Meckler, 1993).
A proposed guide to citing web documents according toAPA style
manual.
A proposed guide to citing web documents according toMLA style
manual.
Another proposed guide to citing web documents according to MLA
Links to other style guides may be found in the Internet Public
Library's Guide to Citing Electronic Resources

From: Andre <[log in to unmask]>
The International Organisation for Standardisation (ISO) has a
draft standard:
ISO/DIS 690-2 "Information and documentation - Bibliographic
references - Electronic documents or parts thereof".  It covers
electronic serials, bulletin boards, CD ROMs etc.

The recommended way to list a web site is:
Title
Type of medium
Place of publication
Publisher
Date of publication
Date of citiation
Availability and access

For example:
AntDiv Home Page  WWW site . Hobart, Australia: Institute of
Antarctic and Southern Ocean Studies, 1996  cited June 11, 1996 .
Available from Internet:
<URL:http://www.antcrc.utas.edu.au/iasos.html>.

From:           [log in to unmask]
Michelle,
We've been using guidlines proposed by Melvin E. Page. I
believe that he will provide guidelines to anyone who inquires.
We use these guidelines with our students at Clemson, as they are
utilizing resources on the net more frequently. Send a query to:
Regards, E.G. Haenni

There were a few extractable file sent as well, but the topic is
pretty well covered by the above.

Thanks,

Michelle

*                         MICHELLE WAIT                              *
* Tel: (041) 5042 316 (office)          Zoology Department           *
*      (041) 5042 641 (computers)       University of Port Elizabeth *
*                                       P.O. Box 1600                *
* E-MAIL: [log in to unmask]          Port Elizabeth               *
*                                       6001                         *
*                                       South Africa                 *
*                  The plural of anecdote is NOT data                *