Subject: Re: death by fishing
From: Paul Hoetjes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 7 Apr 1997 12:44:22 -0700

Dear Dave, John, Tim,

I guess we are sort of getting away from fish to marine mammals, but I would like to
add the Caribbean Monk Seal, which, as far as I know was last seen somewhere in the
first half of this century. I don't know whether this was caused by overfishing, but I
don't think that at that time habitat loss or alteration due to human impact was
really an important factor.

Paul Hoetjes
President
Foundation Reef Care Curacao
Curator
Curacao Seaquarium              Phone: +599-9-616666/368120
P.O.Box 3102                    Fax: +599-9-613671/368120
Curacao, Netherlands Antilles   e-mail: Paul Hoetjes <[log in to unmask]>