Subject: Re: Multiple species fisheries management?
From: Andrew Applegate <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 11 Apr 1997 12:54:55 -0400

Check out www.safmc.nmfs.gov.  The reeffish in the South Atlantic Bight are
managed under a multispecies plan developed by the South Atlantic Fishery
Management Council.  Similarly, you should check the URL for the Gulf of
Mexico Council at www.dos.state.fl.us

Andy.

>I have been lurking on this list for a short time.  I want to break silence
>briefly, in hopes that this is an appropriate topic for this list:
>
>Are there any resources easily gotten at from the net, on the state of the
>art of multiple species fishery management, pertinent to coral reef
>fisheries?  My understanding as of a decade ago was that coral reef
>fisheries are not easily manageable by simple management models that work
>more or less for single species fisheries.  Has there been any progress?
>
>Alan Davis
>
>--
> Alan Eugene Davis      Marianas High School      15o 8.8'N       GMT+10
Andrew Applegate
email: [log in to unmask]
FAX: 617/565-8937
Voice: 617/231-0422

The opinions expressed above are mine, and mine alone.  They do not
represent Council policy, nor do they represent the general opinion of the
Council.