Research Assistant/Marine Biological Laboratory

Aldo-Pier Solari <[log in to unmask]>

Academic forum on fisheries ecology and related topics <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 22 May 1997 19:37:34 GMT

text/plain

FYI. Received at FE-Request. Cheers, APS.

Forwarded message follows:

From: [log in to unmask] (Human Resources), Marcia Donovan.

RESEARCH ASSISTANT

The Ecosystems Center of the Marine Biological laboratory is
seeking a year round Research Assistant. Job activities include
monitoring physical and biological parameters of streams in the
Alaskan arctic during the summer, and laboratory analyses and
writing in MA during the winter. The position will focus on
controls on adult and young-of-year fish production in streams.
Research background in long-term tagging data analyses and models
of growth, mortality, bioenergetics, fish feeding and habitat
assessment is preferred. Experience with fyke nets, gill nets,
spin and fly fishing and tagging would be useful. MS or BA/BS
with at least three years experience required. Scientific
writing skills are a must. Applicants should be capable of
rigorous physical activity and prepared to live in an isolated
setting with harsh environmental conditions. Full job
descriptions can be found on the MBL website: http://www.mbl.edu
(Click on Public Information to view Human Resources position
postings.) Please send letter of interest, CV and names of three
references to: Human Resources, MBL, 7 MBL St., Woods Hole, MA
02543; [log in to unmask] (We can accept attachments in MIME or
binhex for Microsoft Word 6.0 or lower versions)Applications will
be reviewed continuously until suitable candidate is
identified.Candidates should be available for work by late-June.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Non-smoking workplace.
eof

Aldo-Pier Solari, Fish. Res. Gr., ULP <[log in to unmask]>
home-page --> http://segate.sunet.se/fish-ecology/aps/index.html
                        "I will not fail those with whom I serve"