Information on age-length keys

"Alberto G. Murta" <[log in to unmask]>

Academic forum on fisheries ecology and related topics <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 28 May 1997 23:24:05 +0100

text/plain

     Hi all,

        I am doing a review for my thesis about the state-of-the-art of
age-length keys. I am covering different topics, such as classic and inverse
age-length keys, methods that use data from different years or combine
length-frequency and length-at-age data, methods to obtain least-squares or
maximum-likelihood estimates of age composition, etc.
        However, the most recent works I could find covering these subjects
are two communications to the ICES Council Meeting by Hoenig, Heisey and
Hanumara:
 "Using prior and current information to estimate age composition: a new
kind of age-length key"; ICES C.M. 1993/D:52
and
"A computationally simple approach to using current and past data in a
age-length key"; ICES C.M. 1994/D:10.
        Does any one know of more recent works covering these topics? Is
there any one currently working in some related subject? I'll appreciate any
information.
        Cheers.

        Alberto Murta

        Instituto de Investigacao das Pescas e do Mar (IPIMAR)
        Departamento de Recursos Marinhos (DRM)
        Avenida Brasilia
        1400 Lisboa phone:
+351 1 3010814