Subject: information request
From: stephen riley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 22 May 1997 10:46:11 -0700

Fish-netters:

I have two information requests for the list:

1)  Does anyone know of any recent work on day vs. night microhabitat use of
stream-dwelling salmonids?

2)  Does anyone know of any work on salmonid-beaver (especially coho)
interactions?  I am specifically looking for information on the relative
'cost/benefit' of beaver dams to coho populations, and any guidelines that
deal with dam removal and prevention of beaver invasion.

Any references are welcome, especially thesis or grey literature-type stuff.

Thanks!

Stephen Riley

Stephen Riley, Ph.D.
Fisheries Consultant