Subject: Graduate assistantship - crayfish ecology
From: Dan Magoulick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 22 May 1997 17:22:36 CST6CDT

I seek a highly motivated individual to fill a M.S. graduate
assistantship at the University of Central Arkansas.  The project will
examine the distribution and ecology of the endangered Mammoth Spring
crayfish.  Individuals with interests in predation risk and habitat
selection are encouraged to apply.  The project will involve
substantial field work in the Ozark mountains of Arkansas and
Missouri.  Previous research experience (undergraduate or
professional) and knowledge of crayfish would be considered an
advantage.  Graduate stipends will be $9,000 per year.  Tuition waiver
will be dependent on student credentials.  The assistantship will be
available in June, but it could be filled as late as Fall 1997.  For
information about the UCA Department of Biology please visit our web
page at:  http://www2.uca.edu/biology/bio_hp/
Interested individuals should apply or contact me by June 20.  Submit
a cover letter and resume, or for more information contact:

Dr. Dan Magoulick
Assistant Professor of Biology
Department of Biology
University of Central Arkansas