Subject: Dating Fish Bones?
From: Peter Rissler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 9 May 1997 11:04:20 -0700

Hi All,

Does anyone know of a technique that can be used to date fish bones,
specifically the opercle. I want to be able to tell how long ago the bone
was deposited. I'm looking for a technique that can age the bone within the
last few hundred years with a resolution of 10 to 25 years, (i.e. the bone
was deposited 125 years ago).

Thanks
Pete Rissler