Subject: Databases of fish otolith or vertebrae
From: Alexandra Silva <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 12 May 1997 10:57:15 +0100

Hi fellows,

I'm new on this list and so I'm going to present myself very briefly.
I'm a biologist and I work on the Portuguese Fisheries Research
Institute (IPIMAR). Until very recentely, I've been working mainly with
large databases containing information from research surveys. In the
near future I will be going into Stock assessment and be responsible for
blue whiting studies.

I'm asking a question on behalf of a colleague of mine (not member of
this list) who works on seabirds and is presentely working on feeding
ecology problems. He would like to know if there are any databases (in
CD-Rom e.g) with images of otoliths and/or vertebrae for fish
identification.

Thanks very much,

Best regards

Alexandra Silva